One of the goals through Win the Day is to create a leadership network, a place and community for collaboration amongst like-minded people. A way we will support that is through guest blog posts to expose us all to different ways of thinking and pursing our best selves. It is not lost on me how incredibly blessed I am to be surrounded by high caliber leadership in many different circles. I am better for knowing them and I believe you will be too.
This guest inspires me daily though his perspective and attentiveness to the world around him. Through his eternal optimism and intuitive observation it is so clear the way he sees the world is not only unique but necessary to help others win each day. Friends, it is my great honor to introduce you to our very first guest, my son Dawson, who just so happens to be turning 10 today. (Ten! Ten? How can it be?) May his words move you as they have me.
Hi, I’m Dawson and I wanted to share with you 10 different ways to ‘Win the Day’. If everyone could work together to win each day the world would be a better place. It would be full of kindness and love, big dreams and lots of friends. I hope these give you great ideas and ways to make a difference and help other people too.
- Make a difference in someone’s day.
– Look someone in the eyes and tell them ‘hi’
– Take initiative and help someone before you’re asked.
– Cheer up people that are having a sad day.
- Take on a challenge.
– Set a goal and work toward it a little each day.
– Trying hard things makes your brain stronger.
- Get out of your comfort zone.
– Try something new that you never have before, that’s where the magic is.
- Don’t ever give up.
– Keep going even when it gets hard because that’s when you’re going to get stronger.
- Put on your ‘sunshine glasses’.
– Look at things in your day on the bright side and stay positive no matter what.
- Putting others first.
– Put other’s needs ahead of your own.
– Lead from behind because ‘the first shall be last and the last get a crown.’
- Be IN the day.
– You can’t win the day when you’re not IN the day.
– Focus on the day in front of you.
– Don’t get stuck in the past or think too much about the future.
- Loosen your grip.
– Don’t be so focused on your plan that you forget God has the best plan for you.
– Give God room to work His plan for you, through you.
- Have integrity.
– Do what you say you are going to do.
– Do the right thing even if everyone else is doing the wrong thing.
- Own the day.
– Don’t let others negativity or opinions phase you.
– You are capable of great things that only you can do.
Now let’s go Win the Day!
Oh Dawson, thank you for sharing your heart and brilliant mind with us. We are all better for it. I am so proud of you!
Ok friends, it’s action time. Which 1-2 things will you focus on tomorrow to Win the Day you were gifted?